We are planning for Fall 2022
What is the opportunity?
As a teacher for the Centre for Literacy, you will provide one-on-one individualized support to students who struggle with reading, writing and comprehension of the French language. Support will be online from the comfort of your home. You will be provided with evidence-based specialized professional development, which is ongoing, expected and free for Centre for Literacy teachers.
What will you do?
- Prepare individualized lesson plans.
- Teach students remotely using the Google Suite platform. Classes are typically 60 minutes.
- Report progress regularly.
- Work with a mentor to develop competencies.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Education (or nearing completion); equivalent/related education and experience will be considered
- Ability to provide instruction in French (Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency)
- High commitment to professional development
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices
- Competency using Google Meet and Google Slides, or equivalent
- Training in French language remediation strategies
- Experience working with students with learning disabilities
Benefits of Joining Our Team
Flexibility to work from home
Flexibility to work hours suitable to your schedule
Work with students one-on-one
Access leaders who will support your development through mentorship
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Teachers commit to a minimum of 4-6 hours per week with a consistent schedule for the school year. Teaching hours are done typically after school/early evenings and/or Saturdays and Sundays. The Centre’s busiest hours are 4-8 pm (Mountain Time), Monday to Friday.
Rate of Pay
$22-$28 per hour of teaching. Rate is dependent upon education and experience.