- Access to the Internet: Units of Sound is a cloud based program. Reliable access to the Internet is required.
- Adobe Flash. It is highly recommended that the most recent version of Flash (V 16) be used. Flash can be obtained here.
- Headset with Microphone: Units of Sound requires users to record some answers. A headset with a microphone is required.
Optimizing the Units of Sound Experience
- Reliable Internet Service. If a signal is variable, it will impact the functionality of Units of Sound. Pages will load slowly, and functionality will be impacted. Download speed is the most important; recorded voice files are saved temporarily and are not uploaded.
- Comfortable Headset with a Boom Microphone. It is recommended that users acquire a comfortable headset that will be sturdy enough to be used daily, particularly if the user is a younger student. An adjustable boom microphone is recommended over an ear buds headset with a built in microphone.
- Keyboard if a Tablet is Being Used. Some users may access the program via a tablet. If this is the case, it is highly recommended that the tablet be paired with a keyboard. Tablets must also be capable of running Flash.
There are many resources and check lists for technicians that can be accessed at Help once a subscriber has logged into Units of Sound.