Are you interested in working with students, of all ages, who have learning challenges? Work at the Centre for Literacy is highly rewarding. Our staff help students maximize their potential, enhance their self-esteem, and become more successful.
We complete intakes of new students four times a year. Depending upon the demand for services, we will add staff in the quarter immediately before our scheduled intakes.
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping students of all ages and have a large measure of empathy for learners who struggle. Our staff are kind. They recognize and build on the strengths of the students whom they support. They are fully committed to providing a high quality service using evidence based interventions. They are also interested in taking full advantage and learning as much as they can about interventions for various types of learning disabilities.
Working at the Centre is ideal for:
- Individuals who are presently enrolled in a post-secondary program or have just recently completed their post secondary education and are seeking entry into the workplace;
- Retired teachers and professionals who wish to continue to teach and support students on a more reduced time schedule;
- Educational assistants who have worked in the field of special education who seek the opportunity to work with students one or one or in small groups, all the while expanding their knowledge base;
- People, from many different backgrounds who are dedicated to removing barriers to learning, work and a high quality life through the use of assistive technology.
- Teachers with a passion for teaching students with literacy difficulties.
- Instructors with a background in mathematics and experience or interest in supporting students with math disabilities
- Individuals with expertise in Dragon Naturally Speaking Software on both PC and MAC environments, Read Write Gold, Kurzweil, Read Q and Speak Q
Submitting Your Application:
Please email your resume and statement of interest in working at the Centre for Literacy to us or call us at 780-434-3698 for more information. Please note:
- Position opportunities are part time.
- Police Records Check and Child Welfare Checks are conditions of employment and continuing employment with the Centre For Literacy.