Program Description and Objectives
From time to time, the Centre hosts information sessions which may be of interest to parents or caregivers. These sessions are held in the Centre's Training Room, normally in the evening from 7pm to approximately 8:30 pm. The topics are generally issues or concerns which have been raised by parents.
These sessions are open to individuals who believe they may benefit from the information provided, including but not limited to parents, grandparents, caregivers, professionals and members of the public.
Information sessions are delivered by individuals with a expertise in the subject area
Information sessions typically have attendance of 10 to 20 participants.
The typical cost is $10 per attendee to defray costs.
Registration is required to facilitate planning. Registration can be made by contacting the Centre for Literacy at 780-434-3698 or at info@Centre4Literacy.com
- Monday, June 11th, 2018, 7 pm to 8:30 pm. Fun Summer Math Activities for Parents to Do with Students (Elementary Grades). Instructor: Donna Prato, JUMP Math. Cost: $10 per participant.
- Tuesday, November 26th, 2018, 7pm to 8:30 pm, Dealing with Challenging Behaviours. Instructor: Brittanie Boyd. Cost $10 per participant
- Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019, 7pm to 8:30 pm, Dealing with Challenging Behaviours. Instructor: Brittanie Boyd. Cost $10 per participant
Sessions being Planned
Check back frequently for updates. Here are some sessions which are being considered or are in the planning stage.
- Getting the Best Possible Individualized Program Plan (IPP) or PLP or IEP for your Child
- Supporting your Anxious Child
- Planning for the Fall in the Spring: Supporting Optimal Transitions
- Does my child qualify for a Disability Tax Credit now, or other funding sources?